Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday the 11th - 398 Main St. Picton

My Concern is to grab viewer and dignify this house.  It is a little unkempt and the grounds slightly over-grown. Perhaps this could be depicting an earlier time.  There is a large front yard with mature trees.  The lot backs to the steep hill down to the harbour.  
Here is the MLS photo. It really is the only angle to take the shot and the lampost poses a problem for photographs but not for painters. Looking at the 2 images, I notice there are some errors in my painting.  The lampost on the right needs defining - I'll place it a little further away from the side door.  The seller installed flower baskets on the front lamppost.  I wasn't sure what they were in the small photo I was using and there is a dark blob from the silhouette - I'll add the stone wall back.  I also painted out the window on the sunny side of the vestibule.  Another dominant feature of this house  when you are actually there looking at it are pie shaped red and blue glass pieces in the widow's walk windows - they are too pale in my painting and certainly don't photograph well.  There is also an urn on a plinth by the front path . . . don't know if I'll put it in.  I should paint in the flower bed though.

However, it is now past 4am and I think I can sleep now.  With luck, I can continue tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment